The Defence Headquarters on Sunday reassured residents of FCT and other adjoining States that the Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies had been on the red alert to combat crime and ensure effective surveillance of the Federal Capital Territory and other States of the country.
In a statement, Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Defence Headquarters, Major General John Enenche, said this was imperative sequel to a purported memo from the Nigeria Customs Service warning its staff members on a possible attack on the FCT.
“The Armed Forces of Nigeria, working together with other security and response agencies particularly the core intelligence agencies, hereby assure the general public that preventive and preemptive intelligence are ongoing.
“The general public is thus advised to go about their (its) lawful businesses undeterred,” Enenche said.
Coordinator, Defence Media Operations further stated that the Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies assured the general public that the offensives against the common enemies of this Nation wouls not cease until normalcy was restored in all parts of the country.
He enjoined the general public to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity accordingly.