After the dethronement of Muhammadu Sanusi II, as the Emir of Kano state, the Government of the state announced Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero as the new Emir on Monday, March 9, 2019.
Here are five things to know about the new Emir:
* Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero was formerly the Emir of Bichi Emirate; He was named the Emir of Bichi in 2019 after Kano State Governor, Umar Ganduje divided the Kano Emirate into four.
* Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero is the son of the 13th Emir of Kano, Alhaji Dr. Ado Abdullahi Bayero, who reigned from 1963 till his death in 2014.
* Ado Bayero has held different traditional titles in the last three decades. In 1990, he was appointed Danmajen Kano; later he became Danburan Kano, then Turakin Kano to Sarkin Dawakin Tsakar Gida and finally to Wamban Kano.
* He is now the 15th Emir of the Fulani in the Kano Emirate.
* Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero is a Mass Communication graduate of Bayero University, Kano.