FIFA probes Salt Bae’s access to World Cup final celebrations

0
125

FIFA says it has commenced an investigation into how celebrity chef, Nusret Gokce, popularly known as Salt Bae, gained “undue access” to Argentina’s on-pitch celebrations after the World Cup final in Qatar.

Salt Bae, the Turkish chef posted several photos of himself with the World Cup trophy on social media after the final last Sunday.

The chef was also seen attempting to pose for a photo with Lionel Messi and several Argentina players.

His presence in the immediate aftermath of the trophy presentation is now the subject of a FIFA investigation after attracting widespread criticism.

However, the world football’s governing body, in a statement on Thursday, said: “Following a review, FIFA has been establishing how individuals gained undue access to the pitch after the closing ceremony at Lusail Stadium on December 18.

“The appropriate internal action will be taken.”

Earlier this month, Bae posted an image on Instagram of himself at a World Cup match alongside FIFA president Gianni Infantino and Brazil greats Ronaldo, Cafu, and Roberto Carlos.

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply