President Muhammadu Buhari has given ministers in his cabinet until Wednesdsy, next week, to submit reports of their consultations with their constituents on the #ENDSARS protests.
The protests were hijacked by hoodlums all across the country, resulting in widespread massive looting and cases of arson.
Warehouses where COVID-19 palliatives were stored were looted across the country while many property owned by both government and private individuals were also vandalised and looted. Some of them were consequently set ablaze.
Last week, at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, Buhari had directed ministers to go to their respective state to organise stakeholders’ engagements in concert with state governors towards achieving peace and cohesion countrywide.
Speaking on a Channels TV programme, “Sunrise Daily”, on Thursday, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, said: “I can tell you because there was another Federal Executive Council meeting yesterday (Wednesday), the president asked for briefs from ministers who went out.
“Only two had their reports ready as at yesterday (Wednesday) because some others were still in their respective states still carrying out their assignment.
“So, the president said all of them should turn in their reports through the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in the incoming week.”