The Kaduna State Government has announced the appointment of His Highness, Muhammadu Sanusi II into the board of KADIPA, its investment promotion agency.
According to a statement by Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Communication, Muyiwa Adekeye, El-Rufai had approved the reconstitution of the board of KADIPA.
Established in 2015, KADIPA has led the investment drive of the state and anchored implementation of the Ease of Doing Business Charter that earned Kaduna State World Bank recognition as the Number One place for doing business in Nigeria.
“Malam Nasir El-Rufai has appointed His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi II into the board of KADIPA. The appointment is part of the reconstitution of the board of KADIPA, which is statutorily chaired by the Deputy Governor, and has as internal members senior officials of the Kaduna State Government,” the statement said.
It quoted Governor El-Rufai to have said that “Kaduna State hopes to benefit from the profile, experience, intellect and networks of His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi, who before becoming Emir, had built a solid reputation in global financial circles.”
The statement further quoted Malam Nasir El-Rufai to have said that Kaduna State was honoured to be able to call on the services of a man of such calibre to drive its development.
The Governor, according to the statement, also said that he was confident that the new board, which included the most senior officers of the state would further propel KADIPA to greater success in attracting investments to Kaduna State.
He disclosed that the external members had been carefully chosen to further reinforce the investment credentials of the state.
“The new board of KADIPA has the following members:
- Her Excellency, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe Chairman
- His Highness, Muhammadu Sanusi II Vice-Chairman
- Balarabe Abbas Lawal, Secretary to the State Government
- Bariatu Y. Mohammed, Head of Service
- Jimi Lawal, Senior Adviser-Counsellor
- Aisha Dikko, Attorney-General of Kaduna State
- Idris Nyam, Commissioner, Business, Innovation & Technology
- Fausat Ibikunle, Commissioner, Housing & Urban Development
- Thomas Gyang, Commissioner, Planning & Budget Commission
- Farida Dankaka, KACCIMA
- Amal Hassan, Private Sector
- Hafiz Bayero, MD, Kaduna Markets Development Company
- Altine Jibrin, Director-General, KADGIS
- Umma Aboki, Executive Secretary, KADIPA
Adekeye said that Governor El-Rufai had expressed his gratitude to members of the reconstituted board of KADIPA for agreeing to serve.