Weekend of horror in Enugu: Son beheads mother over food, man kills sister and niece in alleged ritual killings

0
53
Weekend of horror in Enugu: Son beheads mother over food, man kills sister and niece in alleged ritual killings
Weekend of horror in Enugu: Son beheads mother over food, man kills sister and niece in alleged ritual killings

Enugu communities were thrown into shock and grief over the weekend after three women lost their lives in gruesome machete attacks in Igbo-Etiti LGA.*

The killings, which happened in two separate villages, left residents reeling. Among the dead were two mothers and a young girl.

-Mother beheaded over food in Ukehe-

About 3:10 pm on Saturday in Nkporogwu, Ukehe community, 40-year-old Anikwe Onyebuchi allegedly turned a cutlass on his 60-year-old mother, Felicia Anikwe, and beheaded her.

Advertisement

According to sources, Onyebuchi returned home hungry and demanded food. When his mother said she had none to give, he grabbed a machete and killed her on the spot.

A viral video circulating online captured the horror. Villagers could be heard wailing as Felicia’s lifeless body lay in a pool of blood.

An angry mob descended on Onyebuchi, beating him with sticks and other weapons before police arrived.

Police spokesperson DSP Daniel Ndukwe said officers rescued the suspect from the mob, though he had already sustained severe injuries.

He was taken to hospital for treatment and later rearrested.

Felicia’s body and severed head were recovered and deposited in the mortuary for autopsy.

-Sister and niece killed in Agu-Ekwegbe-

Hours later in Agu-Ekwegbe, another tragedy unfolded. Joshua Eze allegedly used a cutlass to behead his sister, Nwabuche Eze, and her young daughter, Favour Eze.

Police said the bodies were buried in a shallow grave alongside a dead white cock, raising suspicions of ritual motives. The motive for the killings remains unclear.

Eze was also attacked by an angry mob before police could reach him. He died in hospital from his injuries. His body has been deposited in the mortuary.

-Police launch full probe-

The Enugu State Police Command confirmed both incidents and said investigations were underway.

Commissioner of Police Mamman Bitrus Giwa condemned the killings as “barbaric” and ordered the State CID to carry out a thorough investigation.

He urged residents to avoid jungle justice and to report suspects to the police instead.

The double tragedy has left Igbo-Etiti residents in mourning, with many calling for urgent action to curb rising violence in the area.

Stay ahead with the latest updates! Join The ConclaveNG on WhatsApp and Telegram for real-time news alerts, breaking stories, and exclusive content delivered straight to your phone. Don’t miss a headline — subscribe now!

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Our Telegram Channel








Leave a Reply