Obi condemns post-rally attacks in Katsina

0
85

The Obi/Datti Presidential Campaign Council has condemned the attack on its presidential candidate Mr Peter Obi in Katsina on Monday.

In a statement, Head of Media Obi/Datti Presidential Campaign, Diran Onifade, said its candidate had met with women in a townhall and then held a hugely successful rally at the Muhammad Dikko Stadium but on his way to the airport, hoodlums attacked the car the candidate was riding in with heavy stones from his driver’s side causing substantial damage to the vehicle.

Onifade said to the glory of God, Mr Obi and other occupants of the car were unhurt.

He said subsequently another set of thugs also threw stones outside the stadium which damaged several vehicles including that of the Campaign Council’s official stage crew.

Onifade said the two incidents, taken together, made us suspect that the attacks might have been premeditated at the behest of desperate polititicians who had been deluding themselves with the false claim that they had the northwest locked up but were now shocked by the show of force of the Obidient movement in the region.

He said while thanking the good people of Katsina who came out en-masse to support their campaign on Monday, he called on security agencies to investigate this matter to forestall future occurrences.

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply