Troops of 25 Task Force Brigade, Operation HADIN KAI in the North East, on Sunday, quelled a dawn attack attempted by Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province terrorists on Damboa Town in Borno State
According to the Director of Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, the criminals made a futile effort to infiltrate the town.
They were met with heavy volume of fire from the vigilant troops.
Nwachukwu said while attempting to infiltrate the town with unconfirmed numbers of foot soldiers and some mounted on motorcycles, the terrorists suffered debilitating gunshot wounds from troops’ fire, forcing them to beat the retreat in disarray.
He said the troops were currently on the trail of the fleeing terrorists.
The Army spokesperson added that in the exchange of fire that ensued, two vehicles belonging to the Civilian Joint Task Force were razed by fire.
He said the troops of Operation HADIN KAI had been commended for their vigilance and swift response in quelling the attack.
Nwachukwu said they were also encouraged not to allow any form of distraction from the marauding terrorists, whose ranks had suffered enormous depletion in manpower as a result of ongoing air and artillery bombardments.
He said law-abiding people of North East Nigeria were assured of the Chief of Army Staff’s determination to finally rout the Boko Haram/Islamic State West Africa Province criminals from their hideouts.
“The good people of the North East are also encouraged to continue to avail the troops with actionable information that will enhance the execution of the ongoing Counter Terrorism Counter Insurgency operations in the region,” he said.
Stay ahead with the latest updates! Join The ConclaveNG on WhatsApp and Telegram for real-time news alerts, breaking stories, and exclusive content delivered straight to your phone. Don’t miss a headline — subscribe now!
