Edo Govt: 24-hour curfew subsists till further notice

0
57

The Edo State Government has said that the 24-hour (round-the-clock) curfew imposed in the state on October 19, 2020 subsists till further notice.

In a statement, Special Adviser on Media and Communication Strategy to the Governor, Crusoe Osagie, said everyone was expected to remain indoors.

He further stated that security agencies had been deployed in the streets to ensure full compliance and anyone found contravening the directive would be dealt with according to the law.

Osagie said parents and guardians were urged to restrain their children, youths and wards from flouting the order, as security agencies would not spare any errant individual.

The curfew was imposed on Monday when the #ENDSARS protests turned violent, leading to two jailbreaks and the burning of at least five police stations within the Benin metropolis as well as various degrees of public disturbances in other major cities across the state.

The authorities have yet to confirm the total number of inmates released to the streets, as investigations are still ongoing, which necessitate the shutdown in the state.

Osagie said the government was committed to maintaining law and order and protecting life and property in the state, and urged Edo citizens and residents to obey the directives for the collective good of all.

Please follow and like us:

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here